Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ST@ST: Moments

As most of you have probably realized, PS II is not all about work. Thodi der kaam karo, uske baad break leni hi padhti hai..

And at ST, the trainees are not supposed to have any net access, but some mentors save their passwords for net access…but unfortunately mere ko manuals hi padhni thi..so net access ki zaroorat nahi padi hai :( . To abhi tak net access maang nahi paaya hoon.

Anyways we use the internal mail that has been provided to us- for chatting…Consider these snippets of our conversation.
Rishi
@krish: Oh my god, working so seriously :O
@others: kya baat hai, kya baat hai
Aaj to fursat hi nahi mil rahi hai kaam se.

Shashank (reply to all)
@Sanket: Mar jayega padh padh ke (mera copyright dialogue :P)
@others: Bahut kaam kar raha hai Sanket..aaj to monitor on karne ka time bhi nahi mil raha..

Sanket (again reply to all, thode time baad)
Chalo bhai…time ho gaya chai ka….jaldi pahucho saare…

Within 4-5 minutes, me,Sanket, Rishi and sometimes Krishna meet in the common pantry for a break and a drink (chai, coffee ya soup :P )

Our PS instructor visits us every Wednesday. So that’s the day we write our PS diaries. On one Wednesday when our PS instructor called me and told me that he would not be coming on that day..here are some of the mails that went around.

Me: Please note that our PS Instructor will not be coming today.
So PS diaries bharna band karo..aur kuch kaam kar lo :P

Rishi: Damn..abhi khatam kari thi yaar..

Kp: Shit..5 din ki diary likh li thi yaar

Somanchi: Shit..my day just got longer :(

The instructor called Rishi sometime before he came on an unscheduled day, so Rishi mailed everyone about the new development. Check out the mail for the same.

Rishi:
Suno Suno Suno

Tiwary ji (our Instructor) 12 baje aa rahe hai
Auro ko bhi bata dena

Dhanyawaad

Aapka pyaara
Rishi Trainee

(Check out the salutation- actually ST has given us id's that shout aloud to the rest of the world- "YEH TO TRAINEE HAI..LOL")

Mornings are generally more productive for most of us…after the great that ST gives us at subsidized rates..generally neend to aati hi hai…

Here is a conversation between Somanchi and me, all on e–mail discussing how sleepy both of us are feeling.

Somanchi: Me feeling bored and sleepy :(

Me: Me too…I think I'll go and grab a cup of coffee and come back.

Somanchi: Today has been the least productive day so far, I don't even feel like working.

Me: Ya..today everybody around me is feeling sleepy too…

Somanchi: I just went to the bathroom, washed my face, drank 2 cups of water, 2 cups of tea and came back. If I feel anymore sleepy, I'll bang my head on the table to keep myself awake.


On another day I mailed Somanchi asking him about his project. Here is the convo that ensued-again all of this via mail.

Somanchi: I have to write some PERL scripts for something.

Me: Oh so basically software job da..

Somanchi: yaa..Software team naa..what else would they give..

Me: Oh…kk
So like me, you too will write some code that'll change the way ST works ;)

Somanchi: Yaa…my life's ambition getting fulfilled. :P

Waise it seems Somanchi ke paas kaam ki kami hai... because according to him he has chatted with everybody on his g-talk list to such an extent that people now tell him to shut up and work... and he has googled and read about topics from Cold War to Origami.. last heard he was reading about Research and Analysis Wing..pls koi usse baat kar liya karo ;). Believe me…when you are feeling sleepy..aise mails really work wonders..saari neend bhaag hi jaati hai… :)

2 comments:

Vishrut Shukla said...

awesome post!!
bow down from my side.. __/|\___

Boxer said...

thanks bhai :)